Thursday 4 April 2013

Update #3 - Upcoming Ryan Gosling Movies!

Seeing as I've already reviewed two of his movies and have mentioned him as being my personal favourite actor, some people might have guessed that I'm pretty stoked about two new Ryan Gosling movies premiering within two month. I decided to write a little bit about each of these movies before i watch and review them, mainly because i usually don't get to write about movies i haven't already seen. I love to talk about my expectations and reasons for being exited about a movie with my friends and family, so why not start doing the same on my blog? I plan to do this maybe once every other month or so, probably just whenever a promising movie is looming in the horizon, as a part of my update blogs. 

Derek Cainfrance's The Place Beyond the Pines
The Place Beyond The Pines has already come out, and although I haven't watched it yet, I'm going to do so this coming Saturday. I'm super stoked for this movie, especially because of the cast and the great reviews It's already gotten, although many critics have been concerned about the length of the movie (about 150 minutes). This actually only serves to make me even more exited for Gosling and Cainfrance's latest collaboration, seeing as I'm a huge fan of movies that take their time to tell a story as in depth and concentrated as possible, no matter how long it ends up becoming. I'm exited about Bradley Cooper being in this movie as well, seeing as i enjoyed his performance in Silver Lining Playbook immensely, but one person i absolutely can't wait to see is Killing Them Softly and The Dark Knight Rises star Ben Mendelsohn. He completely stole the show in Killing Them Softly, and I can barely wait to see him on stage with the likes of Ryan Gosling and Ray Liotta. My Review of The Place Beyond the Pines will be up either this coming Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon.

Nicolas Winding Refn's Only God Forgives
Now, this movie is the reason why I decided to make an "upcoming movies"-segment in this update blog. Refn's latest Gosling movie, Drive, is the sort of movie that you either love immensely or hate with a passion. I fall into the first category myself. Drive is without a shadow of a doubt one of, if not the best movie I've ever seen, in fact I've seen it seven times in two years and still can't get enough of it, so there's really no simple way for me to describe how much I'm looking forward to the 23. of may, where Only God Forgives premieres in Denmark. I'm writing this in early April, and right now Denmark is the only country that has been given an official release date, which is probably because the director is danish himself. Maybe we'll evens see a world premier here as well, so in theory there's a chance that the world's first movie review of Only God Forgives will be going up right here on my blog! Even though that's probably not going to happen, I'm still exited as fuck for this movie. The cinematography and directing in Drive is unbelievable, and if Refn's new movie lives up to its predecessors standards, I would be surprised if Only God Forgives doesn't prove to be my favorite movie of 2013. It certainly is the one I'm most exited to see.



/Andrew

The Place Beyond The Pines IMDb page here
The Place Beyond The Pines trailer here

Only God Forgives IMDb page here
Only God Forgives trailer here

No comments:

Post a Comment