Wednesday 4 December 2013

Update #6 - The Start of Something New, or Just the Continuation of Something Rather Old?

Hi!


As my two regular readers will have noticed, I have not been blogging very regularly in the past few months, and there are several reasons as to why that is. Since I really enjoy writing about movies and want to keep on doing it, I have decided to implement a few changes in order to get back into the swing of things again.


1) From now on, my reviews will be shorter, more precise and therefore also more accessable. I have literally been writing novels instead of movie reviews as of late, and even though this has allowed me to go really in-depth with the movies I really enjoy writing about, it also means that writing about those movies that are not that interesting get very tedious very quickly. Also, no matter how hardcore you are, Reading a 2000-word review is not a pleasant thing to do, so this shorter format should allow me to catch the attention of a larger audience and make me able to write more often as well. #DemPageviews.

2) I will not be rating movies any longer. This is the big one. I have honestly come to hate the process of comparing movies to each other in order to find out how many stars X movie "deserves", because as most people who has tried doing this for a long period of time will know, the process ends up completely ruining the fun of watching movies. It has gotten to the point where I start considering what rating I want to give to a film while I am in the process of watching it instead of just enjoying the experience, which in turn makes this whole blogging thing feel more like a job than a hobby. Ratings are a thing of the past now, and that is just how it is going to be. It is for the best. 

3) There will be no more review-subcategories. No more "Classic Movie Reviews" or "Foreign Movie Reviews". A movie is a movie, and a review is a review. 

4) By adding the "Uncut" category, I am going to be expanding my territory a bit. I have often found myself wanting to write about movie related stuff that did not fit into the my two main categories ("Update" or "Film Review"), such as a specific genre, an actor, a director, awards, and so on and so forth. With the "Uncut" segment, I will be free to rant, rave, speculate and ramble as much as want to. Yay. 

Well, I guess that pretty much sums it up this time around. I thank you for taking the time to read this update, and if you liked it and feel a deep desire to stay on top of new reviews, updates and rants about everything else film-related, please feel free to add this site to your RSS feed. 

Cheers 

/Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment