Saturday 5 April 2014

Update #7 - Andrew Lawrence the "Filmmaker"

Source: http://pawildlifephotographer.blogspot.dk/








A quick apology:
So it has been a while since I last posted an entry on this blog, and for good reason. In between schoolwork, visiting my father, toying around with my new DSLR camera and just being alive in general, I simply have not had enough time to sit down and spend four hours writing about a movie. That being said though, I really do want to get back into the habit of blogging, and I have got a great idea about how to do so.

New purchases:
As most of my active followers will have guessed (all three of them), I have an enormous interest in movies and filmmaking in general, which is why I recently went out and bought the camera that I mentioned just a moment ago. I used to make small crappy short films with my friends back in the day, and having been very itchy to get back into amateur filmmaking for quite some time, I have finally decided to do something about it. After many hours of researching the many corners of the vast interwebs, I finally decided to purchase a Canon Rebel T3i/EOS 600D along with a RØDE VideoMic Pro, which is a very good intro-level setup that I have been very satisfied with as of yet. I am still a giant noob when it comes to stuff such as aperture, ISO, shutter speed and all that jazz, but I am having a bunch of fun messing around with all the camera's many features and gizmos none the less. 

The master plan:
Since I am enjoying my new hobby as much as I am but also kinda feel bad about putting blogging on hold, I have come up with an ingenious plan that will hopefully allow me to combine both things into one great basket of internet goodness for you and I to enjoy. I have been posting the videos I have been making with my new camera on my YouTube channel (link), and from here on out, I will be posting a link to these vids here on my blog every time a new one is uploaded. Along with the video itself will be a written description of the process I went through when making it as well as all kinds of other interesting stuff, such as the obstacles I met with different pieces of gear or software, what I would have liked to change or improve, my thoughts on the over all product, and so on and so forth. By doing it this way, I get to keep a sort of diary about my filmmaking process, which I think could be really cool both for myself and for the few people who take an interest in what I do.

Introducing a new segment:
So yea, that is basically it. I truly cannot wait to get this new video segment going, and I think it will be a great counterpart to the two established segments that I already have (Movie Reviews and Lawrence: Uncut). Keep an out out for the first edition of "Andrew Von Lawrence Presents", and until then, thank you very much for reading.

/Andrew

YouTube channel link here
Canon Rebel T3i DP.com review here
RØDE VideroMic Pro link here

No comments:

Post a Comment